How to spend 48 hours in Bath - Part Two
04 July 2017
After waking up from a very restful sleep, you will be ready to pick and choose your breakfast. We have so many great options on the menu, it is best to try as many as possible to try the flavours and to set you up for the day ahead.
Now that you have already toured some of our beautiful architecture we have to offer in Bath, it is time to take a seat and hop onto the hop on and off bus. This bright red double decker bus offers two routes, the inner route and the outer route. Once ticket allows you to hop onto any route you choose. We recommend doing both!
Whilst on the bus, you will receive fun facts about the areas you are touring as well as seeing the beautiful sights of Bath from a different perspective. The Hop on and off bus also has multiple stops throughout the tour which you can quite literally, hop off and explore the area, and then hop back on to visit another area of Bath and it’s beauty. You will also get to tour around the scenic royal crescent and circus, where you can hop off and have a perfect picture opportunity.
It’s Lunchtime! It is time to get your taste buds excited. We love the Blue Quails Deli on Pulteney Bridge, it is a great little deli with options of larger and smaller meals. This is a super tasty option which suits so many people’s likes. If you don’t fancy that, take a stroll over to Claytons Kitchens. They have a great range of fantastic options! There really is something for everyone there.
After you have had your fill, it is time to head to the museums. The Holburne Museum offers an extraordinary range of art and it is completely free. The art varies from paintwork to sculpture to porcelain vases. And on top of that, visit Sydney Gardens which is just a short walk away. This is a lovely garden to have a stroll through at the end of your visit.
Once you have had your relaxing stroll, you may feel like popping into a few shops before dinner time. Bath has a great variety of shops to explore from the Silver shop tucked away in the small passages, Or the high end high street shops such as John Lewis (We call it Jollys here). Bath is a great place to pick up presents for others and yourself, you will also be surrounded by café’s so you won’t have any trouble resting your shopped out legs whilst sipping on a tea.
Now for your next foodie adventure. Your tingling taste buds will thank you for trying some of these restaurants.
- Jars Meze – This cosy family friendly restaurant is bursting with flavour. They have so many incredible dishes on the menu, you won’t know what to choose.
- The Circus Restaurant – Located near the circus, this restaurant likes to change their menu frequently, offering their customers the best seasonal foods. A must try for someone who enjoyed European/ British foods.
- Raphael’s Restaurant – just a skip away from the hotel, this French Restaurant offers incredible dishes at great prices. It is also great for a romantic meal to share with a loved one.
- Ponte Vecchio – Overlooking the river, this delicious restaurant offers a veriety of classic Italian meals such as Lasagne and pizza. Enjoy a tasty meal overlooking the beautiful river.
After an enjoyable meal, you may want to head out to the pubs and bars Bath has to offer. Some of our Favourites are:
- Opium bar – this quirky hidden bar is great for a chilled out cocktail or two. Decorated in an unusual style with comfortable sofa’s and pained ceilings, this is not one to miss.
- The Raven Pub – Located opposite the hotel, this pub attracts both locals and visitors alike. This pub has a great vibe and friendly staff.
- Vino Vino wine and Cocktail bar – this bar has great outdoor seating, and you can also have a few nibbles to enjoy with your drinks.
- Be at One – this great cocktail bar is tucked away near the train station. It gets very busy in here, but the tasty cocktails and the great buzz makes the cocktail bar a great one to start your night off.
After your night out, head back to the Harington’s hotel or your apartment for a cosy sleep, and wake up to breakfast being cooked for you. Perfect.
Find part one on Harington's City Hotel's (our Sister Company) Website